I am a medical anthropologist and use mixed-methods research to examine the intersections of identity and chronic disease. I have training in team science, inter/transdisciplinary research, comparative effectiveness research (CER), and community based participatory research (CBPR) in frontier, rural and urban settings.
I recently accepted a position with the Department of Anthropology at Western Washington University.
My academic specializations address geographical, theoretical and methodological areas:
- Indigenous people with a focus on the Southwestern United States
- Minority health programs & policy (focus on Latino and American Indian peoples)
- Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER)
- Community-Based Participatory Research (CBPR)
- Chronic Disease Prevention
- Conducting research in hard to reach communities in rural/frontier & urban settings
- Mixed-methods research (focus on qualitative)
- Research-based service learning & online education