Peer-Reviewed Publications, Book Chapters and Book Reviews
Download my curriculum vitae for the most current status of manuscripts, including those in preparation: Bruna-CV-2019
- In Prep to Submit Women Are Underrepresented On The Editorial Boards Of Journals In Anthropology: A 40-Year Longitudinal Analysis Of Ten Anthropology Journals. Bruna, S., Fullerton, H., Kiraly, G., and Bruna, E.
- Submitted Teaching Medical Anthropology: A Content Analysis Of U.S. Course Syllabi. Bruna, S. and Stodoloa, T.
- Submitted Social Ecology of Hypertension Management among Latinos Living in the US-Mexico Border Region. Cacari Stone, L., Sánchez, V., Bruna, S., Muhammad, M. and Zamora, C.
- 2019 Book Review: Landscapes of Power: Politics of Energy In the Navajo Nation, by Dana E. Powell. American Ethnologist.
- 2018 Is Ethnographic Evidence Public or Private? Opportunities and Challenges to Contemporary Data Sharing Requirements with American Indian Tribes, in Organize This! Data Management for Anthropology. Jerome Crowder and Richard Freeman, eds. Palgrave Publishers. (Accepted 2017, Anticipated Publication in 2019).
- 2016 Religious Gardens, Pilgrimages And Dancing: A Critique Of Translated Interventions In A Tribal Community, in The Applied Anthropology Of Obesity: Prevention, Intervention And Identity. Chad T. Morris and Alexandra G. DeLaricheliere, eds.. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers.
- 2015 Community Based Pilot Study of Diagnostic Paths to the Gluten Free Diet, in International Journal of Celiac Disease. 3.1: 17-24. With Stevenson, J., Rankin-Sunter, K., Maki C., Mosher, M.J., Barrett, C.
- 2014 The Role of Community Health Centers in Assessing the Social Determinants of Health for Planning and Policy: The Example of Frontier New Mexico. Journal of Ambulatory Care Management. Jul-Sep;37(3):258-68. With Cacari-Stone, L., Wilger, S., Cantor, J. & Guzman, C.
- 2014 Process Evaluation of a Promotora de Salud Intervention for Improving Hypertension Outcomes for Latinos Living in a Rural U.S.-Mexico Border Region. Health Promotion Practice May;15(3):356-64. With Sánchez V., Cacari Stone L., Moffett M.L., Nguyen P., Muhammad M.,Urias-Chauvin R.
- 2013 Sowing Seeds for the Future to Honor Tigua History and Tradition”: Diabetes Prevention Practices at Ysleta del Sur Pueblo. Committee: Dr. Field, Dr. Singer, Dr. Debenport, Dr. Wallerstein, Dr. Lamphere. 2013. PhD. Thesis, University of New Mexico.
- 2003 Issues of Tigua Recognition: Negotiating Legal and Ethnic Identity on the U.S. – Mexico Border. Committee Chair: Dr. Straus. M.A. Thesis, University of Chicago.
- 1999 From Failed Literacy Programs to a Pan-Indian Identity: The Role of Indigenismo in the Formation of the Mexican Indian, 1920-1940. Committee Chair: Dr. Straus. B.A. Thesis, University of Chicago.