- Associate Professor of Anthropology, Department of Anthropology, Western Washington University
- Fellow, Society for Applied Anthropology
- Board Member, Palliative Care Institute, Western Washington University
- PhD. in Ethnology & Linguistics (2013), University of New Mexico
- MA in Ethnology & Linguistics (2005), University of New Mexico
- MA in Social Science/Federal Indian Law, MAPSS (2003), University of Chicago
- BA in Anthropology & Latin American Studies (1999), University of Chicago
I use mixed-methods research to examine the intersections of identity and health. My research draws from public health and anthropology to (1) test health interventions for Latinos living with chronic disease, (2) examines gender-based disciplinary trends in anthropology, and (3) documents risky fieldwork practices, all with a critical eye on policies that impact underserved populations.