- October – FAFSA – Complete Application and request work-study funds.
- January – Anthropology Department Teaching Assistantship awarded after acceptance.
- Quarterly – Fund For The Enhancement of Graduate Research – $1,500 for research/scholarly work.
- Rolling – Ross Travel Grant – up to $500 to present papers at professional meetings and conferences.
External Funding (check the deadlines well in advance)
- October – Barry Goldwater Scholarship: Juniors/Seniors. $7,000+ yearly. Note from scholarship committee: The Goldwater Foundation has supported students IF there is clear evidence that they intend to conduct RESEARCH. The burden of proof of intent to conduct research as a medical anthropologist rests with the student and nominators.
- October – NSF GRFP in Social Sciences. 3-years of full funding for MA students.
- October & March – Sigma Xi Grants-in-Aid of Research (GIAR)
- December, April, & August – Laura Bassi Scholarship
- February – Sea Grant
- February – Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- March – Lambda Alpha National Anthropology Honor Society Scholarship Award – Up to $5,000 for undergraduates pursuing a career in anthropology.
- March – Ruggles-Gates Fund for Biological Anthropology $1,000 GBP for MA research.