Interested in Anthropology at WWU? GREAT! Bellingham is a wonderful place to live and the faculty have a strong focus in four field anthropology, including medical and biological anthropology. If you are considering researching with our group, I hope you:
- Have an interest in medical or applied anthropology
- Use mixed methods or want to learn how to select the best methods for your research questions
- Are eager to support your fellow students! Graduate school is challenging and your fellow classmates are a great source of support.
- Actively pursue funding at WWU and elsewhere (see Funding Opportunities)
- Have a positive outlook and enjoy the challenges of academic research. Remember, you are earning a MA…. it’s tough work but rewarding!
You probably already know that you are interested in anthropology and are considering applying, but feel free to email me a paragraph that addresses the following:
- A description of your research interests or question you might pursue
- Your prior research experience (it’s okay if you only have classroom experiences)
- Your academic history (I’ve accepted students that were not anthro majors, but I do like to know your experience)
Good luck and I hope to hear from you soon!
I am particularly interested in supporting underrepresented students as well as those that are new to anthropology. If you are interested in researching with the group, please email me a paragraph about yourself. Preference will be given to students that contact me by October 1. Be sure to include,
- your name, year, major, and contact information
- the type of involvement (independent study, work study, volunteer, or grant based research)
- a paragraph page description of your proposed project (must relate to my research specialties) or a project of mine you would like to join
I look forward to hearing from you!